October General Chapter Meeting - Shipyard Tour!
October General Chapter Meeting - Vigor Tour!
Our general chapter meetings are open to new and current members. Please join us for the October general chapter meeting -- We've been invited to tour the Vigor shipyard!
Vigor has a 27-acre facility in Seattle on Harbor Island. Vigor excels at specialized shipbuilding, ship repair, and handling complex projects in support of energy generation, infrastructure, and national defense. Vigor was also a sponsor of the 2019 Kickball Without Borders tournament.
Due to the nature of the shipyard and to get an accurate count for pizza, we are asking anyone who is interested to sign up by Friday, Oct. 11th to reduce check-in time. Please RSVP on the Sign-up Spreadsheet if you will be joining us.
- 6:30pm - Check in & brief safety orientation for the shipyard tour.
- 6:45-7:15pm - Shipyard tour starts. Tour will end at a conference room for the EWB presentation. Pizza & refreshments will be provided!
- 7:30-8pm - EWB presentation.
- Once off I-5, get into the lane for Harbor Island. As you approach Klickitat Avenue, stay in the left lane and follow the bridge up toward Vigor Harbor Island. You will see a Vigor sign on one of the blue buildings.
- The speed limit is 5 mph in Vigor's parking lot. Watch out for the speed bump!
- Parking is shown on the map below. If all the visitor parking stalls are full, please park in any empty spot that is not labeled "reserved".
- Please wear long pants and closed-toe, low-heeled footwear. Additional footwear safety instructions are in the Sign-up Spreadsheet.
If your company is interested in hosting an EWB general chapter meeting, please contact Sierra at email@example.com.
Seattle, WA 98134