Specific to President-Elect:
- Perform the duties assigned to him or her by the President, and
- Perform the duties and exercise the powers of the President in the absence or disability of the President.
- In the event of a President vacancy, fill in for the remainder of the departing President’s term, and then continue in office through their elected term
Specific to President:
- Conduct the business of the Chapter with the other members of the Executive Committee and coordinate between the Chapter, the West Coast Region, and EWB-USA.
- See that all orders and resolutions of the Chapter are carried into effect.
- Preside over the Executive Committee and Chapter meetings.
- Oversee the content of the website with the Information Technology Coordinator.
Specific to Past-President:
- Prepare the Annual Report to the West Coast region of EWB-USA.
- Support the President as needed.
- Work in conjunction with other Executive Committee members to broaden familiarity and knowledge of EWB-USA and the PSP Chapter.
- Attend monthly Executive Committee meeting and other chapter meetings.
- Strong listening skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people and personalities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Understanding of the basic principles of engineering.
- Familiarity with EWB-USA’s vision, programs, and processes.
- President-Elect: 5 to 10 hours per month on average in addition to meeting attendance.
- President: 15 to 20 hours per month on average in addition to meeting attendance.
- Past-President: 4 to 6 hours per month on average in addition to meeting attendance.
- Three-year commitment (President-Elect Jan.-Dec. 2021; President Jan.-Dec. 2022; Past-President Jan.-Dec. 2023)